Snapdragon 625 mobile processor from Qualcomm launched in 2016 is still powering new mid-range smartphones in 2018. The processor is well-crafted for moderate performance and excellent energy efficiency. In this post, we are revisiting the features of processor and Indian smartphones powered by it. It is the same processor which powered the Redmi Mi A1 delivering excellent photography capabilities.
Image Credit: Qualcomm
Snapdragon 625 Features
Snapdragon 625 is Qualcomm’s first mid-range chipset built on 14nm process, the same process node on which Snapdragon 820 was built. It is equipped with eight Cortex-A53 processing cores clocked up to 2GHz (maximum).
It is one of the first to offer a truly reliable Dual ISP, support for cameras up to 24 megapixels or, in the case of opting for a double lens, to manage two rear eyes of 13 megapixels each. It supports full HD+ (1080p) display, integrated X9 LTE, and Qualcomm® Adreno™ 506 PC-class graphics. The Snapdragon 625 is designed to provide fast connectivity, vibrant displays, and performance that is both powerful and efficient.
Snapdragon 625 Specifications
- CPU – Eight ARM Cortex-A53 up 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Adreno 506
- DSP – Hexagon DSP
- System Memory – Up to 8GB, dual-channel LPDDR4x @ 1800 MHz
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Display – Up to Full HD+
- Camera – Up to 13 MP (Dual) or 24 MP (Single)
- Cellular – Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X9 LTE modem (Peak Download Speed: 300 Mbps & Peak Upload Speed: 150 Mbps)
- Connectivity – 2×2 802.11ac with Mu-MIMO (Peak Speed: 364 Mbps)
- Bluetooth -BT 4.1 and FM radio
- GNSS – GPS/GLONASS/Beidou or GPS/GLONASS/Galileo
- Charing – Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 technology
- Manufacturing Process – TSMC 12nm FinFET
- Others – Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio technology
Snapdragon 626 Features
Snapdragon 626 is the boosted version of the Snapdragon 625. The octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor up to 2.2 GHz. It features a “PC-class” Adreno Adreno 506 GPU, a 24MP dual ISP, also supports TruSignal, 4K @ 30 fps video recording, and displays up to 1920×1200 resolution. It’s a pin-to-pin compatible upgrade to Snapdragon 625 with about 10% performance improvement.
Visit the official product page for additional info.
Snapdragon 625 Smartphones